"Your life is the
sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously.
If you can control the process of choosing, you can take control of
all aspects of your life.
can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself.
~~Robert F. Bennett
"I cannot control the way I am perceived. I can only control the way I am presented." ~~Unknown
- Do you often feel sad, depressed or blue…or feel just plain stuck in your life?
- Do you often feel invisible…just
going through the motions and you don’t remember how you got there?
- Do you ever wish you
could just disappear?
- When was the last time you felt truly happy and at peace?
you feel like there is something missing in your life but you don’t know how to identify or create it?
You may be experiencing depression. But whether or not you have
true depression, you could benefit from a conversation with a trained professional--someone who can help you sort out what
is going on with you, and what you want to do about it. And by selecting a trained professional--a licensed therapist--you'll
be meeting with someone who is respectful, understanding and skilled at creating a safe environment for you to share your
- Do you feel alone in your personal life and you don’t know how to create satisfying,
- Is it increasingly difficult for you to make friends?
- Do you feel you repeatedly
sabotage intimate relationships?
- Do you feel like no one truly likes you? Do you dislike yourself?
- Would you like to feel
proud of yourself?
- Do you and your spouse or partner argue all the time...and often about unimportant issues?
- Do you feel like your spouse or partner doesn't
even see (hear, get) you any more?
- Are you able to be open and honest
with friends and family…about the negative issues as well as the positive?
Problems in your most important relationships are always stressful.
Whether its in your marriage or partnership, or with your child or parent...whether it's a strain in your closest friendship,
or even with a co-worker, relationship problems are just plain hard. We respond to our world through relationships, and when
there is a fundamental problem with one of our key relationships it can bring on depression, anxiety and physical illness.
Counseling can teach you how to think and behave in new and different ways that will make a real difference between you and
your loved ones. Shining a light on your strengths, you can move into your natural wellenss.
- Do you often feel like you’re a ‘screw-up’ and you can’t do anything right?
- Do you feel just plain
not good enough much of the time?
- Do you understand your personal value system and know how to set and
enforce healthy boundaries from it?
- Do you know the difference between being kind and helpful and being a
- Do you know the difference between ‘aggressive’ and ‘assertive?’
Are you able to say ‘no’ and feel good about it?
- Do you often have a sense of being
‘in trouble?’ Do you feel guilty much of the time?
Frustration, irritation and anger can be destructive and debilitating
in our lives. If you are suffering from problems with these issues therapy can make a positive difference for you. Learning
about what triggers your anger and how to regulate your emotions can provide new freedom and enjoyment in your life. Sometimes
exploring some of the underlying issues around these big emotions can be useful as well. This is not your natural way of being...with
some assistance you can peel away the layer to reveal your natural wellness. The first step is contracting and partnering
with a skilled psychotherapist who can help you decide the best way for you to proceed in therapy.
- Do you simply wish to talk
to an objective person about stressful or confusing feelings, thoughts or events in your life?
- Do you need a fresh perspective from a ‘third
you feel a chronic lack of motivation…do you tell yourself you’re lazy?
- Do you need guidance in setting realistic and honest
goals for yourself?
- Do you often think to yourself “who am I?” and wish to know more about yourself?
- Have you lost faith in yourself and feel all around
insecure most of the time?
- Are you often critical of yourself and the choices you’ve made…is your inner dialogue or self-talk
critical, unsupportive and filled with self-doubt?
Self esteem and self awarness issues present some of the most
common problems in our culture. It can be very easy to feel insecure with your feelings, thoughts, behaviors and life choices
in general. And sadly, often those closest to us can unwittingly perpetuate those insecurities. On the positive side, some
basic solutions can be learned through psychotherapy. By exploring and fine tuning our thinking and perceptions about life,
we can examine our personal value systems and develop healthy boundaries...just to start with. You can regain your natural,
peaceful state of being.
Well, rest assured -- no matter which of these feelings you're experiencing,
many others feel or have felt the same way. You're not alone. And more importantly, statistics show that speaking with a therapist
can and does help to overcome emotional and behavioral problems. Let's take some time together to look at your own personal
issues with the goal of Wellness...